The best day ever!!

I just had to document this, not only because it was the best birthday EVER but also because as soon as it got over, it felt like a dream and I wanted to write it down before I forgot a tiny detail about it that meant as much to me as the big parts! :) So here goes- 

There was once a girl who thought her birthday was ruined because it came on Holi.. and yeah obvly, that girl was me! :P I thought it was going to be a normal Holi routine day and at the most a get together of 2-3 friends in the evening because rarely anybody would come in the morning except to play Holi. AND, I couldn’t be more wrong. Not did this birthday exceed all my expectations, it was even better because I didn’t expect it coz it was Holi and that made it more special!
First of all, a big hug to all those who tried my phone constantly since 11:20 pm till 2:30 am and wished me in the night itself.. to all those who made me stay awake till 4 although I had to wake up at 6 (:P) coz I didn’t know I had the capability to pull off a full day with just 2 hours sleep (yep this was my first!)!! Then, comes the morning, where I was watching Holi songs on TV, eating my kinda-sick-food Upma coz I couldn’t eat gujhiyas :D, when somebody came at the door!! Sid, Shreya, Mrun! U guyssss…although I kindaaa had guessed as u know :P, but I was surprised nonetheless!!

This is to all the handy work that Siddhant you did.. Collecting soo many pictures (I haven’t asked you yet that how many were there, so lemme know :P), cropping them square and getting that wonderfullllllll mosaic made… and to the first and greatest paper-mache chocolate tree I have ever seen! U painted and did craft for crying out loud!!! That speaks to me more than anything you could have done! ^_^


This is to the amount of work that must have went into making each petal of each flower that Mrun you made with clay, arranging them, getting that picture made and to the product that came out to be the awesomesssttt picture frame I have ever seen!!!! Soo beautiful! And to the so-yummy and so-professional-looking chocolates that you made yourself!!!!!!!! To all the handiwork that you and Mudita did for me! It was the first birthday in almost 10 years when you were with meee!!! ^_^


Then, this is to the girl who was in the organizing committee (:P) of two greatest surprise parties I have had this birthday (and 3 if you count the previous one as well!!!)Shreyaaa!!To the time that you spend with me, chatting, or meeting at your house drinking chai, or at my house walking… to the gee, a sling bag!! To the time that you have spent since 22nd Feb planning it all..! To all that you did for me which I wonder if you ever did for someone else! :D *m so special* ;) ^_^


And then there is the guy who travelled 340 km just for my birthday and planned an entire trip from Chennai around it!!! Kinshuukkkk! I still can’t believe you would do thatttt!!!! I still don’t! Unbelievable!!! For this part of my birthday, I am still speechless!! And this is to the time you spent making numeroussss plans so that this will just be the perfect one for me! To the wonderful gift of blessings by people of old age home, to the fact that you brought together so many important people of my life, to the fact that you brought the food that we absolutely LOVEEEE and to the so many times that you are always there as someone-to-talk-to! ^_^

Now this is to Mishaaaaa…and to the numerous memories that I have with you out of which you chose the best on that card… it was soo amazing to read them..and to the work that you must have gone through to get those pics and the idea  of pleasure house food..wow..I loved each moment!!!! ^_^ 
 
And then to Priyanka and Arpita..my childhood besties with whom things have never changed as years have went by..our stories will always be told by us to everybody that we love..”hum ye the, mai wo thi, wo girl thi :P” and allll the memories that we have together of recent past..the new year fog, the parties, the Diwali tradition (which I am gonna miss terribly) and just talking standing in front of your house Arpita!!! And to the wonderful picture that you selected, in front of school, with most of the girls, and everybody dressed up ;) !! ^_^

Aha, and this is to Jyoti and Kritika, whose names still feel they belong with each other although we haven’t all been together ek saath since schoooool… I was most surprised to see you two, and sooo happyyyyy…it has been long and being together didn’t feel as if we had all met after so long, it felt like yesterday when we sat aage-peeche in school! :D And this is to the amazing chocolate fudge Kri, so yummmyyyy…and to the oh-so-trendy bag Jyoti!!! ^_^  

And then, this is to Siddharth, who has been a brother, a friend, has seen a lot of my

phases and always been there…thank you for everything… and this is to the times that we have spent together in basketball court and later discussing about our lives, always serious! :D Last, to Gaurav, Anand and Bims for being there, making it all much more chirpy and lively!! It was soooo much fun! ^_^
 

And for all you guys, who spent so much time on a festival day with me, made my day memorable, spent hours planning this, I know these words can never suffice what you did for me..I wonder if I will ever be able to make a day so special for you that it will count as the greatest day of your life but this is the least I can do…write…something that I hope I do okayish enough to make you feel how much I value it all..you have set a very high benchmark for my future b’days :P and I don’t know what I have done to deserve it.. I even doubt if I do.. but the day made me feel one thing- I must have done SOMETHING right to have the greatest birthday bash I have ever been to! And I couldn’t be more grateful for it..to have you all in my life..to get this care..for all of this..! You guys will be my friends….forever! :’)



Comments

Unknown said…
Your writings are beautiful. And everything is arranged in a well-manner. Admiring it.
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Self ignorance is bliss!

To- 'Love Of The Life'

Love Thyself